Sunday, September 18, 2011

Im going to Dublin Ireland this May. I would love to stay one night in a castle. Any suggestions? ?

Any other sites/tips anyone would like to share...please feel free.


(i'll be there approx May 8-13th)|||There are several castle hotel options in Ireland but I don't know of many in Dublin. I've heard of Clontarf Castle (http://www.clontarfcastle.ie/ , they were running a lot of Christmas promotions on the radio recently) and my friend also recently mentioned a castle hotel in Killiney (this is a gorgeous area - U2's Bono's house is here somewhere) called Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel (http://www.fitzpatrickcastle.com/ ) so perhaps you can check that out too?





A quick google shows this listing of castle hotels (http://www.celticcastles.com/find_irish.鈥?/a> ) and perhaps it may be of use to you? Many of them are not located in Dublin though, but if you have plan to visit other places outside of Dublin, then you could look for one of the castle hotels closest to your destination.








@ Orla : Malahide Castle is a museum/tourist attraction I think, I don't believe they have accommodation offer.|||Well, here's something different, I stayed in this when I was a teenager and had so much fun it really is amazing, we stayed in the biggest dorm %26amp; there was an annex off one end of it, if you looked over the wall of it, an room was there with a dummy soldier in it and his boots and uniform were laid out on a chair, we went mad on ghost stories, as you do at that age and scared the pants off ourselves but hey, what ever you're looking for you might like to stay at this one, I must go back myself at some point bring the nieces and nephews for a weekend of fun!





http://www.anoige.ie/hostels/foulksrath-鈥?/a>|||That sounds like fun, i've lived in ireland all my life and i've never thought of doing something like that !!





Try some of these websites:





www.dromoland.ie/castle-hotels





www.hotel-ireland.com/castles/|||I think Malahide Castle is also a hotel? Not sure though. Malahide is in County Dublin.|||well sweet jasus,do ya think we've castles on every corner,ach i'm afraid not....you could just catch yourself a leprechaun and make him give you 1 or build you a brand new 1..

No comments:

Post a Comment