Sunday, September 18, 2011

What do you do when someone confesses how much they love you one night and then says they were blacked out.?

A close friend and co-worker of mine called me a couple nights ago in the middle of the night and I answered it thinking something was wrong and he was hurt or something. He has NEVER called me before, except when meeting somewhere or something. We usually just text. We have flirted for a long time and have said some pretty revealing and personal things to each other over the years. We both have admitted that we're really attracted to one another before when completely sober...I feel i should add that ha. I do not really drink. Anyway, He calls me and tells me he wants to meet at my house. I told him it was a bad idea because it was about 3 in the morning and I didn't want to wake my housemates. So, we end up just talking for about an hour and within that hour he says how he loves me and that I'm crazy for not having known and that I've always been the one..and he hasn't stopped thinking about me for 2 years..and so on. I was blown away. Honestly, I've always had this feeling that he was holding back, but I never thought he felt that way. So we ended up meeting finally he just picked me up and we drove down the rode and stopped. He said he wanted to show me how much he cared about me, but then he would get mad at me when I would say that what he was saying seemed unbelievable. He said that it hurt him that I didn't know how he felt. He tried kissing me and I kept pushing him away because as soon as I got in the car I realized he smelled like alcohol. I ended up kissing him back a few times, just because I've really wanted him and cared about him for a long time. I eventually said I really had to go home and he needed to get some sleep. So, I left and went home. The next day, he was completely apologetic sending me a text saying he was sorry for being an ***, stupid, and inappropriate. Then, later that day I asked him if he meant anything that he said that night and first he said well, that depends what I said, but if I said it I probably meant it. Then, later again I asked him about it and he said, " I have no clue what was said. It was probably made up. I was blackout drunk and have about 20 secs worth of memories." I was hurt and shocked and had to look-up being blackout drunk because I had no idea that a person could function I thought being black-out drunk meant you passed out. Now I now that it just interrupts memory and they can't recall anything that happened during that period. I really don't know what to do.. and whether to believe or just dismiss everything that was said. It's extremely hard because I do really care about him. Any advice is welcomed. Thanks. I know this is ridiculously long...:/|||I think that he was probably being honest with you and now he's just afraid of rejection. If you feel the same way I think that you should just tell him. Make the first move. Once you tell him he'll probably admit that what he told you was true.|||He probably did mean he loved you. But you need to get him to say it completely sober. If he won't, then he has a problem, not so much with alcohol, but with his ego and self-esteem, not thinking he can really be in a serious relationship with you and afraid he's not good enough for you. You could reassure him to some extent that whatever he says you'll take at face value. And if he feels he needs alcohol to be able to let his true feelings about you come out, he's wrong and it could only hurt both him and his relationship with you.|||It is awkward because alcohol does make us do things/say things we would NEVER do/say when sober... However, you can take that in 2 ways...


1) He does really feel it and just doesn't have the guts to tell you when he is sober!


2) He is just exaggerating how much he likes you...


I think that he does like you a lot but probably not love you... You try to meet up a bit more maybe start dating and see where things go! From the sounds of it he does really like you so there is potential there!|||well you know what they say, you speak your mind when your drinking. Chances are he does feel for you. But at that moment i would say it was more his penis talking. He probably thought he could call you up and wow you go over and have a little sexy time. It could have turned into something in the morning you can always ask, if yous have talked for that long i think yous can be honest towards one and other. You can stick it out being his friend or you can find out now if it can be more. Do you want to think to yourself he was the one that got away in the future? Throw away all the shoulda coulda wouldas and do it, Be a strong independent woman. You are invincible and can do anything you put your mind too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment